First and foremost, let us all wish a very happy birthday to the author of my heartsong, J. R. R. Tolkien. May his impact never fade. I shall be watching LOTR all day in honor of his memory.
Now, we have been nominated for the Liebster award by BeingABookNerd and NutFreeNerd. Check out their wonderful blogs and thank you both for the kind nomination! At the time that I’m writing this, there seems to be something fishy going on with NutFreeNerd’s website, so I’m just going to answer BookNerd’s questions and we’ll check on NutFree again later. Also, I will be riding solo on this one because Hannah’s plate is full and I’m afraid that if I hold my breath waiting for her answers, I’ll quite simply pass away.
How Does It Work?
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
I’m doing these out of order because the order above seems nonsensical. 11 facts:
- I’m in Grad School to learn how to be a teacher.
- I am a miserable companion if the weather is under 60 degrees.
- I work at a brewery and it is the best gig in the world.
- My house is Tolkien themed, including a Middle Earth map pillow cover, Gandalf/Saruman salt & papper shakers, a painting I did of the Hobbit meals, map printed coasters, a laptop sleeve, and everything else my boyfriend will tolerate.
- I’ve already run out of interesting facts about myself.
The Questions for me:
- What made you start blogging? We get this one a lot, and our story is pretty unique, so I don’t mind answering. Hannah and I have been bffs since birth (you think that’s a joke, but you’re dead wrong), so when we went to different colleges and moved to different towns, we wanted to read the same books so we could discuss them and share something, even when we’re miles apart. Our tastes and schedules vary, so we eventually started blogging about the things we read individually, and here we are.
- Which is your all time favorite book? The Hobbit; see my tattoo or this post for explanations.
- Which book did you have high hopes for but it disappointed you? The Girl on the Train and A Darker Shade of Magic were big disappointments for me. My reviews are linked.
- Which is your favourite genre of books? I’m really enjoying Sci-Fi space operas these days, but generally adult fiction is my favorite, or historical fiction.
- What are your favourite songs? Anything by Pink Floyd or Punch Brothers.
- A wish you want desperately want to come true. The continual safety of my boyfriend. His job makes him travel, and I’m constantly a mess with worry.
- If given a chance, choose one author you would like to meet and interact with. Actually, Malcolm Mitchell, author of The Magician’s Hat. He goes to UGA, like myself, and while I don’t give a flying fart about football or his involvement in ‘Bulldawg” success, he wrote his book because he used to hate reading and grew to love it in his later years. I’d love to pick his brain and find out what changed his perspective and how I can do that for my future students.
- What else do you do in your free time? Sing? Dance? Draw? Sword Fight? 😉 I do a lot of cooking, but I mostly like to go outdoors, hiking or kayaking as often as possible.
- Which is your favourite season? why? Fall, because it is beautiful and the weather is most tolerable in Georgia during fall.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Moving things with my mind, because I’m lazy and I never want to get up to turn on/off lights.
- Top 5 books you want to read in 2016. I assume most of my books will be assigned by my Grad professors, so I might not have much choice. But a year is a long time, so I imagine I can squeeze in The Story of Kullervo, Nemesis Games, Ready Player One, Schindler’s List, and Red Rising, since I’m reading that now.
My Questions for my nominees:
- How many books did you read in 2015?
- Which ones were your favorites?
- Which were your least favorites?
- How many do you plan to read in 2016?
- How do you pick which books to read next?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
- What is your least favorite?
- Do you judge new people based on their book likes/dislikes?
- What book destination would you love to visit?
- What book character would you choose to accompany you?
OK, and now for my nominees:
Dana @ I Just Can’t Stop Reading
Eleonora Lydia @ Reading Experiences with Nora
Maria @ Marwhal Reads
Kiwi @ Kiwi Reads
Shannon @ Just One More Page
Emily @ Embuhlee liest
Alright, so I get that some, if not all, of you will have already received and completed the Liebster Award, so ignore this if you like. If you do complete it, be sure to link to this post or comment to let me know your answers. Thanks, again, to my nominators, and go check out their blogs.
Long live Tolkien!!