We’ve been nominated for an assortment of bloggy awards by the wonderful Shivalika at Whimsy Journals, Alyssa at The Ultimate Book Geek and Flo at Flowless Books. We highly encourage you all to check out their blogs and we want to say thank you so much, ladies!
1. Thank your nominator
2. Tell the world why you blog
3. Nominate 5 more people
So, we started blogging because it was the best outlet for our “book club.” We have been best friends since birth and adulthood has forced us to live in different cities, so we started a very exclusive book club that would encourage us to read things together and use the blog in order to give our opinions in a way that readers (a.k.a. our mothers) would be able to see, as well. Hannah’s book preferences forced me to read more contemporary works, and my preferences forced her to read a few more classics. We tried to read the same things several times, and it worked for a while, but our lives/jobs always meant that one of us was off schedule. We then started just blogging about our independent readings, which I think covers more ground anyway. We’re so happy that so many people want to hear what we have to say and I hope you all stay tuned for more!
Nominations will be at the bottom…
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
4. Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
5 Facts about Lindsay:
- My boyfriend is signing up for Goodreads as we speak and I’m not sure I’ve ever been more proud; 2. I used to think I wanted to teach high school kids, but my student teaching is really challenging that and making me lean towards middle school; 3. I recently finished binge-watching “Fixer Upper” on Netflix and I feel incomplete now that there are no more left to watch; 4. I want to live in a cute, cottage-style house so badly that I’m willing to forfeit future children in order to fit in the cozy space; 5. My affection for peanut butter m&m’s is unparalleled. Don’t try to keep up.
5 Facts about Hannah:
- I keep all my DVDs in alphabetical order. (Is that Type A?!) 2. I constantly travel for work, but my favorite place to be is at home with my family. My second favorite place is probably here. 3. I love to cook! My boyfriend & I subscribe to Blue Apron & it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 4. In addition to this blog, Lindsay & I share a Pinterest board, inspired by cottage-styled homes. 5. I have crazy, vivid dreams almost every night. I keep a dream dictionary by my bed to look up meanings!
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image in the right).
Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night.
See above for our blog story. Sadly, I can’t say that we have any advice. We’re still learning how to do this and we still don’t take ourselves or our opinions seriously enough to fathom that we’d have followers, much less ones who will be so kind as to nominate us for these awards! We’re super grateful for our readers and we just try to keep our heads on straight and stay as consistent as we can be, which isn’t easy with our busy schedules.
Ok, so I nominate all of my Grad school classmates! I won’t list all of their blogs here because I’m not interested in that level of effort. That’s already 14 people, so I’ll only list a few more below. Also, screw the “don’t nominate your nominator” baloney. We’re covering 3 awards in this one post, so our 3 wonderful nominators are re-nominated for the ones they haven’t already done!
Maryna @ Echoing Books
Kimsiang @ The Spines Breaker
Karen @ Bookertalk
Zezee @ Zezeewithbooks