Ahhhhh summer! In the south, it means an endless supply of gnats, humidity, and pavement so hot it leaves imprints of your jelly sandals. We were tagged to do this Summertime Madness pop quiz by Paperback Discovery! Thanks for the nomination! Go check out Paperback’s answers, too!
1. Show a book with a summery cover!
2.Pick one fictional place that would be the perfect destination for a summer vacation!
H: Winterfell, before the destruction brought by Theon. I hate being sweaty and hot (bring on fall!) so the summer snows of the north sound positively delightful.
L: Jurassic Park. I love to vacation… for short sprints of time. A theme park would be ideal and I’m imagining something along the lines of the most recent film in terms of entertainment value but I’d prefer a (non-lethal) private tour like in the novel.
3. You’re about to go on a flight to your summer vacation. But you want to read a book that lasts for the whole flight, what novella do you choose?
H: Number one, if I am flying for vacation and not for work I will absolutely be sleeping. But if I have to choose, I try to read something that is set in the place I am visiting. So, Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, placed perfectly on the Italian Coast.
L: Number one, I cannot read while in motion or I turn into the Exorcist girl and vomit like you’ve never seen. So in this imaginary scenario, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Trips are a perfect time to finish something that’s been on your to-read shelf for entirely too long.
4. You have a case of summertime sadness. What happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
H: Taking an easy out here, any Harry Potter book.
L: Me too, The Hobbit makes me smile every. single. time.
5. You’re sitting at the beach all alone. Which fictional character would be your beach babe?
H: Jon Snow. He needs some sun.
L: Please direct your attention to my long list of options and help me pick one.
6. To match your ice cream, you want an icy cool sidekick. Which fictional side kick do you choose?
H: Lisbeth Salander, B.A.
L: Methinks maybe August from Station Eleven. Seems like he’d have some wackadoo stories.
7. Share the Summertime Happiness! Who do you TAG?